Crystal Health Group History
The original company was founded in 2005 by Nichola McChrystal, who pioneered the concept of ‘DNA Clinics’.
The company became the first in the industry to offer ethical DNA Testing. Also, it was the first to provide appointments through a network of DNA Clinics.
The company now provides DNA, Drug and Alcohol testing services. Also, we provide occupational health services, such as workplace medicals. In addition, our network of sample collection locations has grown to more than 100 throughout the UK and Ireland. Our head office is based in Manchester. This is where the tests are coordinated from, including the laboratory analysis and sample collection appointments.
Nichola is still very much involved in the development of Crystal Health Group. Also, she continues to provide expert advice and support to clients. For example, she provides evidence at employment tribunals, representing both employees and employers. Her knowledge and experience provided vital testimony to one particular case. As a result, this led to a successful outcome for the employee. In addition, Nichola has also arranged DNA Testing for long lost families. This was featured on a BBC documentary called ‘Family Finders’.
Her work in this area and continued business success have not gone unnoticed. This came in the form of an award in 2014 for ‘Women in Business Young Entrepreneur of the Year’. Nichola went on to dedicate the award to her Mum and Nan.
At Crystal Health Group, we aim to provide convenience, confidence and support to all our clients. This covers the scope of all DNA, Drug and Alcohol Testing and occupational health services.
We achieve this by:
- Convenience. By maintaining a comprehensive network of local clinics and mobile sample collection services across the UK. In addition, we will identify any gaps in our network and ensure these are filled with new sample collection locations.
- Confidence. We will maintain the high standards we have achieved through our ISO certification and industry specific accreditation. This includes compliance to GDPR and the Human Tissue Act 2004.
- Support. We commit to providing post-testing support at Crystal Health Group. For example, counselling services at selected clinics, expert witness and medical review services.
We aim to be the partner of choice for providing accredited solutions for your DNA, drug testing and occupational health needs.
Crystal Health Group Values
We believe that strong values define our business. This provides us with a robust plan to achieve the aims set out above.
As a result, we have introduced a set of ‘Values and Behaviours’. These describe the professional behaviours we expect from our employees.
Our senior management team and employees developed this concept. As such, they form an integral part of the framework we use to recruit and retain our employees. Therefore, once with us, we ensure we develop our employees then assess and reward their performance. Also, at Crystal Health Group, we hold ourselves to account against these values and behaviours.
The most important people to Crystal Health Group are our clients. Our client base is diverse and includes the following.
- Private individuals who require DNA or drug and alcohol testing.
- Organisations such as social services, solicitors or charities representing their own clients. This is usually for testing services required for legal purposes.
- Commercial clients who require workplace drug testing and occupational health services. For example, we represent ‘one man bands’ right up to multinational companies. However, the bulk of our commercial clients are small to medium size business. In addition, while there are plenty operating in safety critical industries, there are many in the service sector. Over the years, we have become specialised in providing workplace drug testing to the oil and gas industry, energy and waste sector, holiday parks in the UK and other occupational health providers.
Engagement with our clients is important to us. Feedback and experience has provided Crystal Health Group with an insight into the things that are important to our clients. The top three messages are consistent, these are.
- A testing process that integrates with business operations causing least disruption.
- Compliance to GDPR. In addition to robust chain of custody procedures for the testing process.
- Confidence in results. Holding the necessary accreditation and certification required to produce court admissible test reports.
We have listened, and our focus is very much on these three key messages. Find out what we are doing to achieve this.